Being a singer has been perhaps the most widely known trend among all generations throughout time. We use our voices to express all sorts of ideas, feelings and emotions while talking but singing allows us to easily express so much more. It has been in the roots of all ancient and modern civilizations in the form of their culture and traditions. Many scientists think that singing is part of our normal evolutionary process and we have evolved to like it and learn various things through it. For example, kids in kindergartens learn the alphabet way faster while singing than simply memorizing it while reading. Also, songs develop a child’s sense of rhythm and melody. That way, they will be able to express themselves better further down the road by simply being more diverse in their tonal expression.
At a certain point of any singer’s life comes the issue of having to take singing lessons or at least seek advice in order to improve. Until now, this has been done predominantly through the role of a teacher (excluding the naturally talented self-taught singers, although even they need guidance). It is a well-known fact that behind every great singer there is a great teacher, who passes the knowledge down to the future generation of singers. This is how certain waves of styles and trends in music are formed. With each generation new singing techniques are developed and portrayed in the industry.
Practice From The Comfort Of Your Own Home
Each year, more and more people go online to search of the best advice on all sorts of activities. The internet has now become this never-ending source of information which one can use to his or her advantage. All this leads to you being able to improve your skillset towards any of your hobbies all from the comfort of your own home. Amazing, isn’t it?
Well, singers didn’t get left behind with this new way of learning. Singing sites have been on the constant rise for a few years now. We here will be reviewing two of the giants in this business: Singorama and Superior Singing Method.
Let’s start with Singorama. At its core this is an online platform for singing. Singorama is aimed at the beginner singers, and it does a great job of guiding them through the correct ways of developing their singing capabilities. In other words, it is the perfect way to take baby steps into the world of singing. Apart from it being the highest-rated online course in this category, Singorama offers insane discounts throughout the year, for which it will be a no-brainer to skip their course.
Now, don’t get dispirited when you hear us say that this course is for beginners only, as almost any singer can benefit from the advice and tips given there. Things such as extending your vocal range, learning how to write a song and even nailing an audition can be beneficial for any singer, no matter how advanced.
One thing that many reviews miss out, is that Singorama offers a 60 days money-back guarantee. This basically means that you can try out (and even finish) the whole course and get your money refunded if you do not notice any improvement. That by itself is an amazing thing for people with limited resources.
Taking Your Abilities To The Next Level
With other programs, you will get a not so personal approach, while with Singorama you will feel as if this online course is tailored to your specific needs. You will go through different exercises teaching you how to warm up your voice, all sorts of vocal techniques and how to improve your pitch. Furthermore, it will provide tons of performance tips, such as different ways of protecting your voice during performances or how to normally protect your voice in your everyday life.
Ever wondered how to hold a microphone? Singorama has got you covered here as well. When you are done with the course, these things will feel like second nature and you will be able to focus on the more important aspects of your future career such as upcoming auditions and how to overcome your stage fright during those same auditions.
Here, you will be able to sing both with your friends in front of the computer or in harmony with other singers online. The two most amazing additions, in our opinion, are the “Perfect Pitch Pro” and “Jayde Musica Pro” software applications which will develop your hearing and teach you how to read sheet music through playful activities. We found this works perfectly both for adults and kids. In fact, adults seemed to have way more fun with these applications than we initially thought.
What makes this platform great is its ease of use. Starting from the very basics of singing and going towards more advanced content makes you feel as though the course is basically taking you by your hand and guiding you through everything that seemed hard before. The systematic and intuitive approach of the course is what makes millions fall in love with it instantly.
If you, even for a moment, thought that the Singorama price is expensive, take a look at the huge bundle of stuff you will be getting for your money:
- Hundreds of audio files included in a total of 28 Lessons
- 2 written books to further aid the learning process
- Beginners Guide to Reading Music
- Advanced Learning Techniques for Singers
- Your Own Singorama Recording Studio
- “Perfect Your Pitch Pro” app
- “Jayde Musica Pro” app
- Singorama Online Metronome Application
Just one more quick note on the price. Whatever their discounted rate at the moment of your purchase is, these tens and tens of lessons are coming to you (at the comfort of your living room couch) at a price of around two or three private singing lessons. Just let that sink in. This course won’t teach you anything less than a real vocal coach, and will do it while you are in your pajamas for literally pennies compared to normal live singing classes.
Apart from having all these features, you will also be improving your overall music theory, your breathing techniques, harmonies, posture and tons of other details about your singing by buying this package. Seriously, this will leave no stone unturned when it comes to equipping you with the necessary skills of being an amazing singer!
But seriously, it is no secret that the world’s best singers have coaches to whom they owe everything. Of courses, some people are born with a raw talent, but the best thing you can do with a talent is to put it in a professional’s hands and further develop it. Singorama eliminates the need of a vocal coach, as it offers you everything you might need as a novice singer.
Hey, even if you want to improve for your personal enjoyment, Singorama will meet your needs and help you craft the desired voice. One of our reviewers who went through the whole process (all the 28 online lessons), was one of the most tone-deaf guys we’ve known, but ended up being surprisingly educated on music theory at least. He was able to differentiate between all sorts of notes just by his hearing and read sheet music seamlessly.
So, Where Does All The Hype Come From?
Well, mostly from all the positive feedback from singers and reviewers. Even we couldn’t find that many downsides to this course. Sure, it has some (as pointed out below), but that doesn’t make it any less desirable. The truth is that the Singorama numbers speak for themselves. Hundreds of thousands, if not millions of users use this as their daily singing companion. No matter what others (including us) say, our best advice is to buy it and test it out. Worst case scenario, if you don’t like it you can always request a refund, no questions asked.
Basically, with the full money back guarantee, you have nothing to lose. This is a well-rounded program that can provide you with the information and tools you need to perfect your singing voice, and it’s presented in a very user-friendly manner that makes learning how to sing easy and fun.
Let’s show you the Pros and Cons we experienced with this online singing course now. That way you will be able to easily determine whether this is the thing for you. Spoiler alert: it is.
- It will offer you a great array of useful software and e-books along with your lessons
- A step-by-step plan designer for any type of singer from beginner to advanced
- A course full of practical information, tips and insight which can be used instantly if you already are an experienced singer.
- Unmatched convenience. This course is a hundred percent digital, meaning you won’t have to wait for it to be shipped to your address or have to attend each lesson every week. Everything is at the tip of your fingertips from the moment you finalize your purchase.
- We found the teaching style to be quite intuitive. The combination between audio lessons, e-books, all sorts of software apps and games will ensure things will never get boring here.
- There are songwriting tips which can be used by any composer or singer (there are even a few songs included as examples.
- The price. This cannot be stressed enough. Singorama price is perhaps the lowest out of all online vocal courses. This, by no means, indicates low quality, but rather the ambition of the owners to make it affordable worldwide.
Singorama Disadvantages (Or Things That Bugged Us)
- We found a few issues when it came to setting up the username and password on their website (in the member’s area). While it may be soon fixed, it was still annoying.
- The lack of video files was somewhat disappointing. You might find the absence of videos a bit disappointing, as it doesn’t make it feel more personal. Including a video lesson or two can significantly improve the feel of the learning course.
- Another thing that takes away from the personal feeling of the whole platform is the lack of physical DVDs and books. Sure, there are tons of other applications and e-books, but most people prefer investing in a physical product, hence the negative comments on this particular detail.
- There have been some connectivity issues (high-speed internet connection is almost a must with these sorts of lessons). Furthermore, we noticed that the audio quality isn’t quite at par with similar courses on CDs.
- The internet may have accidentally overhyped the whole product. Sure, it is amazing and there is no doubt that it works, but don’t forget that you will still need months of practices to achieve any of the promised results.
- Lastly, there is no option to skip the history and theory parts in the beginning and get straight to the singing lessons. Again, this might be fixed in the future, but for now it irritated us.